Made with only 5 ingredients, the marinade for this curried honey mustard chicken is super simple yet full of flavor for a great weeknight meal.
This recipe was given to me by a friend’s mother about 10 years ago and I have been using is ever since. With only 4 ingredients, this marinade is simple for anyone to make, and can really be used for a variety of different meats. If you are weary of the amount of butter in the recipe, read this blog post, and if you are concerned about the honey, you need not be. When buying honey, try and buy local, raw and unpasteurized honey as it provides a multitude of health benefits, and remember that the entire marinade is for 4 or more servings.
Curried Honey Mustard Chicken
The curried honey mustard chicken recipe calls for Dijon mustard, however, you can also use a combination of Dijon and grainy mustard for extra flavour and texture.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2–4 teaspoons curry powder
- Sea Salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a saucepan on low heat, heat butter until melted.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, honey, mustard and curry powder. (I use 4 tsp of curry powder because I like spice, however if you’re not a huge fan of spice you can use 2 tsp. curry powder or omit it all together.)
- Arrange chicken in a baking or casserole dish, and season lightly with a pinch of sea salt.
- Pour mixture over chicken and allow to marinade 1-2 hours. You can also cook it right away, but the flavours blend together better after sitting for a little while in my opinion.
- Pre-heat oven at 350°F and bake chicken, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 piece chicken
- Calories: 303 calories
- Sugar: 9 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 34 grams
Keywords: chicken breast, chicken thigh, marinade, curry powder, butter, olive oil
Leave a Review