Lemon Garlic Roasted Asparagus
Made with only a few simple ingredients, this lemon garlic roasted asparagus is the perfect side dish for any meal!
Asparagus is probably one of my favourite side dishes, but only when it’s in season. Although I do buy it at the grocery store from time to time, it can never compete with the freshness and quality of the local seasonal stuff. When in season, asparagus is so fresh it almost has a sweetness to it and works well in everything from salads to side dishes. Plus, it’s a great source of fibre and a delicious way to get more of your daily greens, and this oven-roasted asparagus is a great way to do it.
This lemon garlic roasted asparagus is pretty simple to whip together and can easily be done in the oven or on the grill in the summertime. Once the asparagus is all cooked up, I like to top it with a little fresh grated parmesan for extra flavour, but that part is totally optional. If you’ve got a little extra leftover, store it in the fridge and serve it up with some fresh eggs for breakfast, it works really well.
More Vegetable Side Dishes:
A quick and easy side dish perfect for any weeknight meal! This oven-roasted asparagus is made in the oven in less than 10 minutes, however, it could also be done on the grill on a warm summer night.
- 1 bunch asparagus
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Wash and trim asparagus to remove tough white ends.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange asparagus evenly in a thin layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, sprinkle minced garlic, and using your hands, toss asparagus to ensure it is well coated. Squeeze half of the lemon over the seasoned asparagus.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven and allow asparagus to roast for 8-10 minutes until tender but still slightly crispy.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle with parmesan cheese (optional) and serve.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 56 calories
- Sugar: 3 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: oven-roasted, garlic, lemon, parmesan cheese, olive oil