Ready in under 5 minutes, this quick and easy guacamole is simple to make and absolutely delicious.
I don’t know about you, but I could easily eat guacamole every single day. Whether it’s tacos, toast, or tortilla chips, guacamole is always a crowd-pleaser. Fortunately, guacamole is really easy to make and this easy guacamole recipe is exactly what you need to whip up a fresh batch in a pinch.
The key to good guacamole is using ripe avocados; underripe avocados with be hard and lack flavour, while overripe avocados will just make the guacamole taste off. Picking ripe avocados, or knowing when to use them, is not hard you just need to know what to look for, so here is a little tip. The simplest way to knowing if an avocado is ripe is to look under the stem; this part of the avocado will give you a sneak peek as to what is going on inside.
- If it peels back easily and it is green underneath, you’ve got a ripe avocado.
- If it is hard to peel back, your avocado needs a couple more days to ripen.
- If it peels back very easily and is brown underneath, your avocado is overripe and you’ll find brown spots inside.
If you are buying avocado to make guacamole immediately, choose ripe avocados in the store, however, if you want to buy them ahead of time, buy avocados that are underripe to give them time to ripen. Trust me, this easy guacamole turns outs perfect every time and is best served with Pico de Gallo and a big bowl of tortilla chips.
This easy guacamole ecipe calls for the addition of tomato, onion, and jalapeno, however, you could also add a 1/4 cup of pico de gallo if you were looking to make a fresh salsa as well.
- 3 avocados
- 1 tomato, seed removed and finely diced
- 1/4 small white onion, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and minced
- 1/2 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- Cut the avocados in half and remove the pit. Spoon the flesh of the avocados into a bowl and gently mash the flesh with a fork to combine.
- Add the tomato, onion, jalapeno, sea salt and lime juice and stir gently to combine.
- Serve immediately, or if you want to store it in the fridge add an extra squeeze of lime juice to stop from browning and cover tightly.
- Serving Size: 1/4 cup
- Calories: 159 calories
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 13 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 2 grams