Grilled salmon burgers with dill yogurt sauce!
These grilled salmon burgers are the perfect addition to any summer BBQ. Made with freshly ground salmon and topped with a creamy dill yogurt sauce, these salmon burgers are moist and tender and a healthy high-protein dinner idea the whole family is sure to love.
I served these salmon burgers on a brioche bun with yogurt sauce, sliced cucumber, and watercress because I thought it was a fresh and zesty pairing to these burgers, however, you can certainly go more of the classic topping route if you prefer. Not to mention, extra salmon burgers can easily be stored in the fridge for 3 to 4 days and make a wonderful topping to salads for a light and fresh lunch.
More Healthy Burger Recipes:
Made with fresh salmon and dill yogurt sauce topped onto a brioche bun, these healthy grilled salmon burgers are a delicious and nutritious high-protein dinner idea.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 18 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Grilled
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- 1/3 cup yogurt, plain
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1/2 clove garlic, grated (optional)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 4 brioche buns
- 1 English cucumber, sliced into ribbons
- 2 cups watercress or arugula
- In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, mayonnaise, dill, garlic, and lemon juice and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Remove the skin from the salmon and cut it into large cubes or chunks. Add salmon and mustard to a large food processor and pulse gently until it is broken down and pasty. Be careful not to over blend it, you still want some chunks of salmon in there.
- Transfer salmon mixture to a large bowl, add green onion, breadcrumbs, whisked egg, lemon juice, and parsley, and using a spoon or spatula, mix until well combined.
- Once mixed, divide the salmon mixture into 4 equal-sized burger patties, and season both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add salmon burgers to the grill, and cook for 4 minutes on one side, flip and cook for an additional 2 to 3 minutes on the other side until golden brown.
- Once cooked, remove patties from the grill and assemble the burgers. Spread a spoonful of the dill yogurt sauce on the bottom of a brioche bun, top with a salmon burger patty, sliced cucumber, and a handful of watercress or arugula.
- The burgers can be served immediately and any leftover salmon burger patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty
- Calories: 246 calories
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 35 grams
Keywords: grilled, sauce, healthy