These trail mix flavoured no-bake energy bites are the perfect healthy snack. Made with dried dates, almonds and dark chocolate chips, these energy bites are filled with simple carbohydrates, protein and healthy fats, making them a great pre-workout snack or energizing afternoon treat to help satisfy a sweet tooth.
Whip up these no-bake bites and store them in an airtight container for a healthy sweet treat or pre-workout snack. Not only are they quick and easy to make, but they store well in the fridge or freezer for days and weeks to come.
More Healthy Energy Bite Recipes:Print
Trail Mix Energy Bites
These no-bake energy bites are essentially a one-bite version of trail mix and store well in the fridge or freezer for days and weeks to come.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 bites 1x
- Category: Snacks
- Method: By Hand
- 1 cup almonds, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cups dates, pitted
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons almond butter, natural
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- Place almonds in a food processor and blend until roughly ground.
- Add dates, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, chocolate chips, almond butter, cinnamon and salt and continue to blend until the ingredients are well combined and the mixture is sticky. If you find the mixture too thick or it’s not blending easily, simply add a splash of water to help loosen it up and mix until well combined.
- Once mixed, using your hands, portion the dough into 1-tablespoon balls and roll until smooth.
- Once rolled, the energy bites can be eaten immediately or stored in the fridge for up to one week or in the freezer for a month.
- Serving Size: 1 bite
- Calories: 179 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 10 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 6 grams
Keywords: no bake, healthy, dates, protein, chocolate, almond