Learn how to make chocolate nice cream with peanut butter! Ready in minutes and made with only 4 ingredients, this chocolate peanut butter nice cream is the perfect summer night treat. Consider it a fun and healthy way to satisfy a sweet tooth.
If you know me, or follow me on Instagram, you know that ice cream is my absolute favourite treat. Like, absolute favourite. As soon as the weather warms hits I start dreaming of trips to my local ice cream shop and all the flavours I will get to enjoy. Chocolate? Cappuccino? Pistachio? Salted Caramel? Ah, I am already salivating at the thought of them! Although I would love to eat ice cream every night, I know that is not the best idea, so when I have a craving for my favourite treat it is nice cream to the rescue!
What is Nice Cream?
If you’ve never made ‘nice cream’, it got its name as (you got it), a nice play on ice cream. Essentially, nice cream is bananas blended into a naturally sweetened creamy soft serve that you can flavour any way you like, almost like a really thick smoothie. Needless to say, it’s delicious! The flavour options are endless as anything that can be blended can be used in nice cream, so berries, cocoa powder, peanut butter, coconut and even coffee can all be added for flavour. I take inspiration from all of my favourite ice cream flavours and try to re-create a healthier version at home. Plus, once you have created your base flavour you can also treat it as a sundae and add all sorts of toppings like fresh fruit, dried fruit, nuts, seed or shredded coconut.
More Nice Cream Recipes:
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nice Cream
Made with ripe bananas, cocoa powder and peanut butter, this chocolate peanut butter nice cream is rich and creamy while being healthy and good for you.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Ice Cream
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 3 ripe bananas, peeled, sliced and frozen
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel and freeze bananas ahead of time. It is easiest if you peel them and slice them into wedges to freeze in a bag or container.
- Add frozen bananas to a food processor or blender and puree on high until a smooth consistency is formed. You might need to stop the food processor a couple of times along the way and scrape down the edges.
- As the bananas begin to puree, add in cocoa powder, vanilla extract and peanut butter. Depending on how hard your bananas are, you can add a little coconut or almond milk to help them blend together.
- The nice cream can be served immediately, or for a harder consistency, transfer to a loaf pan and freeze for 1-2 hours.
- Spoon into bowls to serve. The mixture can also be frozen in a covered pan or container for several days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 296 calories
- Sugar: 22 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 43 grams
- Fiber: 7 grams
- Protein: 8 grams
Keywords: banana, chocolate, peanut butter, easy, healthy