Crispy Beef Bowls
Made with ground beef, ginger, garlic and fluffy rice, these Korean-style crispy beef bowls are quick and easy to make and sure to be a family favourite!
There’s no denying that after a long day at the office, the thought of cooking dinner can seem like an added weight on your shoulders. Fortunately, with the right ingredients, you can easily create a delicious and nutritious meal in under 30 minutes, and these crispy beef bowls are the perfect recipe to do exactly that!
How to Make Ground Beef Bowls
Thanks to the use of ground beef, this recipe is incredibly quick to prepare, however, the key to a really tasty bowl is crispy and flavourful beef. For the best results, you’ll want to use a really hot pan, add lots of flavours and allow the beef to cook longer than expected, until it’s nice and crispy.
- Heat a large cast-iron skillet to high heat,
- Warm the cooking oil,
- Add the ground beef,
- Brown the ground beef,
- Add seasonings,
- Continue to cook the ground beef until crispy,
- Add to bowls and serve with fixings of your choice!
What to Serve with Korean-Style Beef Bowls
Once you’ve cooked the beef, you can truly serve the bowls with any sides that you like. More traditional recipes will serve the ground beef on a bed of fluffy rice, however, if you are looking for a low-carb option, you could also serve it on a bed of cauliflower rice or simply add extra vegetables. In addition to rice and vegetables, ground beef bowls can be topped with condiments such as chopped peanuts, spring onion, fresh mint, sliced cucumber, kimchi, hot sauce, lime wedges, and/or sesame seeds. The nice thing about these bowls is that the combinations are endless so you can easily adjust the ingredients to suit your dietary needs and budget.
Not only are these Korean-inspired beef bowls ready in less than 30 minutes, but the ground beef is cooked in one pan making clean up a breeze. Although this recipe calls for the bowls to be served warm, they can also be served cold, and the vegetables can be added raw or cooked depending on what you prefer. Whip up these Korean-inspired beef bowls for dinner tonight and store the leftovers in the fridge for a quick and easy lunch whenever you need it!
More Healthy Beef Bowls:Print
Crispy Beef Bowls
Ready in less than 30 minutes, these crispy beef bowls are delicious hot or cold making them a quick and easy dinner or simple meal prep idea.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 bowls 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Korean
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup long-grain white rice, dry
- 2 carrots, shredded or cut into ribbons
- 1 cup red cabbage, shredded
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Fresh mint or coriander, to serve
- Sesame seeds, to serve
- In a small saucepan on medium-high heat, combine rice with 2 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce to a simmer and cook until all of the water has been absorbed and the rice can be fluffed with a fork, about 15 minutes.
- In a cast-iron or heavy-bottom skillet, warm sesame oil to medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, breaking it apart with a wooden spoon, season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook for 4-5 minutes until lightly browned.
- Add ginger, garlic, chilli flakes, soy sauce and honey, and stir to combine. Continue to cook the beef until dark brown and crispy.
- Once the beef is cooked, assemble the bowls; divide the rice, vegetables and beef evenly across the bowls.
- Top with sesame seeds, fresh mint or coriander, and lime wedges to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 426 calories
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 58 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 32 grams
Keywords: ground beef, rice, healthy, easy, asian