Cauliflower rice is a fun twist on traditional rice and a great option for those looking to add more veggies to their diet or seeking low-carb options. It is really quick and easy to prepare, so here is a simple step-by-step guide on how to make cauliflower rice.
Cauliflower rice is one of those simple kitchen hacks that is actually very useful. I’ll give it some credit, it is actually right up there with sweet potato toast and chocolate chia seed pudding, and it is one of those kitchen ideas that I can get behind. So this simple, easy and healthy cauliflower rice is a great and tasty addition to any weeknight or weekend dinner.
How to Make Cauliflower Rice with a Food Processor
Cauliflower is a vegetable that most people hate. It reminds us of childhood years of steamed cauliflower with cheap cheese sauce, and the sound of our parent’s voices telling us to eat our vegetables before we can leave the dinner table. (No wonder most people aren’t a fan!) However, there is a long list of reasons to get behind in adding more cauliflower to your dinner plate. Cauliflower is part of the cruciferous family of vegetables and has as many nutritional benefits as its close relative to broccoli or kale. It is known for being a rich source of fiber, supporting detoxification, and reducing inflammation and it can also aid in weight loss. When it comes to cooking methods, the options are endless, however, the more traditional methods of boiling or steaming make cauliflower waterlogged, mushy and lose much of its flavor. Therefore, roasting cauliflower or making rice is a simple and filling alternative that can help to reduce carbohydrate intake for those with special nutrition goals.
This is a basic guide on how to make cauliflower rice, but once you have mastered this method, you can easily add worlds of flavor with different herbs and spices and whip up anything from fried rice to couscous.
How to Make Cauliflower Fried Rice:
How to Make Cauliflower Rice
Learn how to make cauliflower rice in three easy steps! For extra flavour you can also add a splash fo chicken or vegetable stock to the pan as it cooks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Sides
- Method: Stovetop
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons butter or olive oil
- Black pepper
- Remove green stems from cauliflower and cut a head of cauliflower into quarters. Break the head into florets, remove the large core.
- Add cauliflower florets to a food processor, and process until broken into small rice-like pieces. You may need to do this in batches depending on the size of your food processor.
- In a skillet on medium heat, heat butter or olive oil. Add cauliflower, season with salt and pepper, cover and cook for 5-8 minutes. You may add a little splash (tablespoon) of water to help the cauliflower steam as it cooks, this step is optional.
- Season to taste, serve warm and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 56 calories
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 4 grams
- Carbohydrates: 5 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Leave a Review