Grilled Pork Chops with Peach Salsa
These quick and easy grilled pork chops with peach salsa are the perfect recipe for summer!
Soaked in a flavourful marinade, grilled to perfection and topped with corn and peach salsa, these grilled boneless pork chops are healthy, fresh and full of flavourful.
In my opinion, pork chops are an underrated cut of meat. Not only are they inexpensive compared to other cuts, but they are incredibly versatile, nutritious and packed full of flavour. Although often considered a fatty cut of meat, certain cuts of pork, specifically pork loins and pork chops, are quite lean sources of protein. In fact, gram per gram, pork chops are comparable to chicken in terms of fat, making them an ideal source of protein for a quick recipe on the grill.
Tips for Cooking Grilled Pork Chops
Grilling pork chops may be one of the quickest and easiest ways to create a moist and flavourful pork chop. Here are some simple tips for cooking grilled pork chops:
- You can cook bone-in and boneless pork chops on the grill. Boneless pork chops will take less time but bone-in pork chops will provide more flavour.
- A pork chop marinade can be made up to 24 hours in advance and pork chops can be stored in the marinade in the fridge until you are ready to grill.
- Be sure to take pork chops out of the fridge for at least 1 hour before cooking to allow them to come to room temperature. This will allow for a more even cooking all the way through and less time for the pork chops to lose moisture on the grill.
- Season your pork chops generously with salt and pepper before adding them to the grill. This is especially important if you are not using a marinade as it will help to enhance the overall flavour of the pork chops.
- Make sure that your grill is nice and hot before adding your pork chops. This will help to ensure that the meat does not stick to the grill and you get moist and juicy grilled pork chops.
- Pork chop cooking time will vary depending on their thickness and whether they are bone-in or boneless chops. Expect to grill pork chops for at least 4 to 5 minutes per side or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F.
- Once cooked, allow the grilled pork chops rest for 5 minutes before serving so that juices redistribute in the meat. This is an important step to create juicy and tender grilled pork chops!
Regardless of what type of pork chop you choose, what takes this grilled pork chop recipe to the next level is the addition of the peach salsa. Made with ripe peaches, corn, fresh herbs and a splash of lime, it’s the perfect sweet complement to the smoky and savoury flavours of the pork chops.
Looking for more healthy grill-friendly recipes?
These grilled pork chops with peach salsa are the perfect summer meal. Serve these boneless grill pork chops on their own, with a side of grilled sweet potatoes, or with a big green salad for a quick and easy family-friendly dinner.
Filled with all of the fresh flavours of summer, these grilled pork chops with peach salsa are a quick and easy meal idea that the whole family is sure to love.
Grilled Pork Chops:
- 4 pork chops, boneless
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 ripe peaches, diced
- 1/2 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Add the pork chops to a large airtight container or resealable bag and season them with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, and honey, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the marinade over the pork chops and allow to marinate for at least 30 minutes or up to 8 hours.
- While the pork is marinating, prepare the peach salsa. In a medium bowl, combine the peaches, corn, red onion, cilantro, olive oil and lime juice, and toss until well combined. Season with salt and pepper, and additional lime juice to taste. Set aside.
- Once the pork has marinated, preheat a grill to medium-high heat.
- Add the pork chops to the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until a thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the chop registers at 145°F.
- Once cooked, remove pork chops from the grill and allow to rest 5 minutes.
- Once rested, serve grilled pork chops with peach salsa.
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 380 calories
- Sugar: 12 grams
- Fat: 20 grams
- Carbohydrates: 17 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 34 grams
Keywords: boneless, marinade, grill, best, easy, healthy