Honey Mustard Chicken Thighs
Made with a simple marinade of honey, mustard, olive oil, and garlic, these honey mustard chicken thighs are tender, juicy, and full of flavor. Grill these chicken thighs up tonight for a quick and easy dinner or make them as a meal prep idea for healthy lunches all week long.
This recipe calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs, however, you could certainly use another cut of chicken or bone-in chicken thighs if you prefer. If you’re using bone-in chicken thighs, you’ll need to extend the grilling time to about 5-6 minutes per side, while chicken breasts will take roughly 6-8 minutes per side depending on thickness. If you’re cooking chicken with the skin on, be sure to add it to the grill skin side down for premium flavor and crispiness.
More Healthy Chicken Thighs Recipes:Print
Made with honey, mustard, olive oil, and garlic, these grilled honey mustard chicken thighs are tender, juicy, and full of flavour.
- 1 lb. chicken thighs, skinless, boneless
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, grated or minced
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and season generously with salt and pepper on all sides.
- In a large bowl, combine the honey, mustard, olive oil and cayenne pepper (optional) and whisk to combine. If you find the mixture too thick, simply add a splash of warm water and whisk again to loosen it up.
- Add the chicken thighs to the bowl and toss to coat in the honey mustard marinade. Allow to marinate, for at least 5-10 minutes, while you heat up the grill. You can also prepare the chicken thighs ahead of time and allow them to marinate, stored in the fridge, for up to 8 hours.
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Once warm, add the chicken thighs to the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes per side, turning once, until the chicken is cooked through or a thermometer reads 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the grill and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving to help to preserve the juices.
- Once rested, the chicken thighs can be eaten immediately or cooled and stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 229 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 14 grams
- Protein: 25 grams
Keywords: easy, boneless, grilled