Everything Bagel Hummus
Quick, easy, and creamy everything bagel hummus.
If you’re a fan of everything bagels, you’re going to love this everything bagel hummus. Flavoured with sesame seeds, poppy seed, onion, garlic, and flaky salt, this hummus recipe is seasoned with everything but the bagel, packed into a rich and creamy dip.
For the best results, I would highly recommend using dried minced garlic, dried minced onion, and flaky sea salt. Although garlic powder, onion powder, and regular sea salt will work as well, the crunchy and flaky nature of the dried minced garlic and onion and flaky sea salt gives this hummus the right balance of texture and flavour, just like an everything bagel.
More Healthy Hummus Recipes:
Made with garlic, onion, sesame seeds and poppy seeds, this rich and creamy hummus recipe is filled with all of the flavours of an everything bagel!
- 15oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup tahini, well-stirred
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and smashed
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- In a small saucepan, add the chickpeas, cover with water by several inches, and bring to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook the chickpeas for 20 minutes or until their skins are falling off and they’re quite soft. Once cooked, in a fine mesh colander, drain the chickpeas and then run them under cold water for about 30 seconds or until completely cooled and set aside. Although this step is optional, it helps to create an extra smooth and creamy hummus.
- In a food processor, add the tahini and lemon juice, and blend on high until well combined, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. This helps to make the hummus extra light and fluffy.
- Once blended, add the chickpeas, olive oil, garlic clove, and salt, and blend again on high until smooth, about 1-2 minutes. You may need to stop the food processor a couple of times to scrape down the sides to remove chunks and ensure it is smooth. If you find the mixture too thick, just add a small splash of cold water to loosen it up.
- Once blended, remove the blade from the food processor or transfer the hummus to a bowl, and add the sesame seeds, poppy seeds, minced onion, and minced garlic. Using a large spoon or spatula, stir to blend until well combined. Season with additional salt to taste.
- Once combined, the hummus can be served immediately as is or with an extra drizzle of oil and sprinkle of seeds and spices on top, or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 88 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 7 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: healthy, easy