Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
Oven-baked boneless lemon garlic chicken thighs!
Made with fresh lemon, garlic, oregano, thyme, and boneless chicken thighs, this lemon garlic chicken thighs recipe is bursting with flavour. Not only is the chicken moist and juicy but it’s quick and easy to cook making it perfect for a healthy weeknight meal.
How to Make Juicy Lemon Garlic Chicken Thighs
These lemon garlic chicken thighs are juicy and bursting with flavour thanks to a two-part cooking process and a simple sauce.
- Start by searing the chicken. By searing the chicken in a cast-iron skillet, or a heavy bottom pan, you can lock in the juices of the chicken thighs to help ensure they are tender and juicy.
- Prepare the sauce. The combination of lemon juice, garlic, herbs and chicken broth creates a simple sauce that not only adds loads of flavour but helps to add moisture to the chicken thighs at the same time.
- Roast the chicken in the sauce. By finishing the chicken thighs in the oven with the lemon garlic sauce you can ensure they are cooked to perfection and capture all of the chicken juices for additional moisture and flavour.
The addition of oregano and thyme adds some fragrance to the sauce and, while this recipe is made with chicken broth, you could certainly use white wine to take the flavours to the next level.
Garlic Lemon Chicken Thighs
I made this recipe with boneless chicken thighs but you could certainly make it with bone-in chicken thighs or drumsticks if you prefer. If you’re using bone-in chicken, simply increase the cooking time in the pan to roughly 8-10 minutes per side and then transfer to the oven to roast for 15-20 minutes or until the juices run clear. Once cooked, you can pair the chicken with fluffy rice or crispy roasted potatoes and your favourite vegetable for a complete and well-balanced meal.
More Chicken Thigh Recipes:
Bursting with lemon flavour, these lemon garlic chicken thighs are perfect for a quick and easy weeknight meal.
- 6 chicken thighs, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme, dried
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Parsley, chopped, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the chicken thighs on a cutting board and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- In a large cast-iron skillet or ovenproof pan on medium-high heat, warm the olive oil.
- Working in batches, add the chicken thighs to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes per side until golden but not completely cooked through. Once cooked, remove the pan and set it aside.
- Once the chicken is cooked, in the same pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add minced garlic and cook for 1 minute or until tender. Add oregano and thyme and cook for an additional 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Increase the heat slightly, add the chicken broth, scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon or spatula, and allow to bubble for about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan, stir to combine with the broth, and then allow the mixture to cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently, until slightly reduced.
- Once the sauce is ready, return the chicken thighs to the pan one at a time, coating both sides of the thighs in the sauce before moving on to the next one, until all of the chicken thighs have been returned to the pan.
- Once complete, transfer the pan to the oven for 10 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken thighs from the oven and garnish with additional lemon wedges and parsley to serve.
- Serving Size: 1 chicken thigh
- Calories: 149 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 8 grams
- Carbohydrates: 1 gram
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 17 grams
Keywords: garlic lemon chicken thighs, baked lemon garlic chicken thighs, oven roasted lemon garlic chicken thighs