Pea and Bacon Pasta
A quick and easy pasta with peas and bacon!
Ready in less than 20 minutes, this pea and bacon pasta is a great dish for a healthy weeknight meal. The combination of sweet peas, salty bacon, fresh mint and starchy pasta ensure that every bite is full of flavour while remaining a well-balanced meal complete with carbohydrates, fibre, protein and healthy fats.
Although this pea and bacon pasta recipe was made with rigatoni you could easily swap it for any form of pasta that you like. Penne, fusilli and macaroni noodles would all work very well.
More healthy pasta recipes:
Pea and Bacon Pasta
Made with bacon, frozen peas and rigatoni, this creamy pea and bacon pasta is a delicious combination of sweet, salty and savoury flavours.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stovetop
- 170 grams rigatoni, dry
- 4 slices bacon, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- 30 grams parmesan cheese, roughly 1/2 cup, freshly grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 handful fresh mint, chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of well-salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions. Once cooked, drain pasta, reserve a 1/2 cup of the pasta water, and set aside.
- In a large pan on medium-high heat, add the sliced bacon and cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned and crisp. Once cooked, remove bacon from the pan, transfer to a plate with paper towel, and set aside.
- In the same pan on low heat, leaving the remaining bacon fat, add minced garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender. Add peas, toss to combine with the garlic, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Once the pasta is cooked and strained, return rigatoni to the pot, add butter, bacon, garlic and pea mixture, and stir to combine.
- Add heavy cream and parmesan cheese and stir until well incorporated. Add a splash of pasta water to loosen the mixture as needed until a smooth texture is reached.
- Add mint, stir to combine again and season with additional salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to taste.
- Serving Size: 1 servings
- Calories: 614 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 27 grams
- Carbohydrates: 73 grams
- Fiber: 6 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
Keywords: creamy, easy