Roasted Carrot & Apple Soup
This roasted carrot and apple soup is both simple and inexpensive to make and has a winning combination of flavours that everyone is sure to love.
Made of pantry staples, this soup is packed full of vegetables and healthy fats and has a rich, creamy and velvety texture which makes it a comforting dish on a cold day. The recipe calls for McIntosh apple, but you can truly use any tart apple that you enjoy or have on hand. Plus, not only is this dish really simple to prepare, but it stores really well in the freezer for several months, so the next time you are looking for a quick and easy meal be sure to make a double batch of this Roasted Carrot & Apple Soup because once you taste it you are sure to be coming back for me.
Looking for more healthy soup recipes? Try these delicious flavours!
- Potato Leek Soup
- Wild Rice & Vegetable Soup
- Spring Green Minestrone Soup
- Moroccan Carrot Soup
- Roasted Tomato & White Bean Soup
Quick and easy to prepare, this healthy roasted carrot and apple soup is creamy, cozy and packed full of flavour making it the perfect lunch or meal prep idea!
- 1lb carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3 apples, McIntosh or any tart apple, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- On a large baking sheet, combine carrots and apple, drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and seaon with a pinch of salt and pepper. Top with thyme (if desired) and transfer to the oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- With 5 minutes remaining on the vegetables, heat remaining olive oil on medium-heat heat in a large heavy bottom pot. Add onion and garlic and cook for 3-4 minutes until tender.
- Once roasted, transfer the vegetables to the pot, cover with broth and stir to combine. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, using an immersion blender or in batches using a bar blender, purée until smooth.
- Add cream (optional), stir to combine, and season with additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately, store in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 152 calories
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fat: 7 grams
- Carbohydrates: 24 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 2 grams
Keywords: roast, easy, best, healthy