If you’re a fan of bruschetta, you’re going to love this recipe! Layered with tomatoes, garlic, fresh herbs, and melted mozzarella cheese, this sheet pan bruschetta chicken is a delicious weeknight meal that the whole family is sure to love.
Although typically served on slices of crusty bread, the simple mixture of tomatoes, garlic, and basil in bruschetta is a great way to add a punch of flavor to any dish in a pinch, and when topped onto tender chicken breasts and paired with roasted potatoes, it becomes a well-balanced meal that works well for lunch and dinner alike. Not only is this sheet pan bruschetta chicken ready in 30 minutes, making it a great weeknight meal, but it stores incredibly well in the fridge so it’s a great meal prep idea that will leave you with days worth of healthy meals
More Sheet Pan Chicken Recipes:
Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken
All of the fresh and delicious flavours of bruschetta packed into a chicken dish! This Sheet Pan Bruschetta Chicken is a quick, easy, and healthy weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Italian
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 120 grams mozzarella cheese, sliced or grated
- 4 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, roughly chopped
- Parmesan, freshly grated, to serve
- 1 pound baby potatoes, roughly 20 potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a bowl, combine the potatoes, olive oil, salt and black pepper, toss to combine, and then transfer to a large baking sheet.
- In the same bowl, combine the chicken breasts, olive oil, Italian seasoning, garlic powder and sea salt. Using your hands or tongs, toss the chicken in the spices until well coated. (If time permits, you could do this ahead of time and allow it to sit for up to 24 hours for extra flavour.)
- Add chicken to the same baking sheet as the potatoes, leaving space in between each chicken breast so that they cook evenly. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and allow to cook for 20 minutes.
- While the chicken and potatoes are cooking, in a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, onion, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and half of the basil. Stir until well to combine and set aside.
- After 20 minutes, remove the baking sheet from the oven, flip each chicken breast over and give the potatoes a good toss.
- Top each chicken breast with shredded / sliced mozzarella and big spoonful of the tomato mixture until it has all been used. (You can also wait and top the chicken breasts with the cold tomato mixture once they are cooked, but I prefer it a bit warm.) Return the baking sheet to the oven and allow to cook for another 10 minutes until chicken is golden and cheese is bubbly.
- Once cooked, remove the sheet pan from the oven and sprinkle each chicken breast with remaining fresh basil and a bit of parmesan to serve.
- This dish can be served immediately, stored in the fridge for up to 5 days, or in the freezer in airtight containers for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 479 calories
- Sugar: 7 grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 27 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 45 grams
Keywords: bake, healthy, easy