This slow-roasted salmon recipe is a great simple dinner idea but also keeps really well as leftovers to top on salads for a quick and easy lunch!
Since salmon is a fish rich in healthy fats, it is often cooked at a high heat to help give it a crispy crust, however, salmon is also delicious when slow-roasted. By keeping the oven temperature down, you are able to keep the moisture in the salmon and ensure that you get a flaky serving of fish every single time. The fresh herbs on this slow-roasted salmon can be added before roasting or simply slathered on top once the salmon has been cooked. I personally prefer to do a little bit of both, so you get all of the flavor and the best of both worlds.
Slow-Roasted Salmon with Fresh Herbs
This slow-roasted recipe makes just enough herb sauce to coat the salmon, however, if you want a little extra just make a double batch and add an extra dollop once the salmon is out of the oven.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Roasted
- Cuisine: American
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1 clove garlic, minced or grated
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives
- Sea salt
- Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 275°F.
- In a bowl, combine the melted butter with minced garlic, lemon juice, parsley, tarragon and chives.
- Place the salmon fillets skin side down in a baking dish, and season with a pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
- Spread half of the herb mixture over each piece of the salmon, ensuring it is well covered.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and transfer to the oven for 35 minutes until salmon is barely opaque in the center.
- Once cooked, remove salmon from the oven and serve with a wedge of lemon and vegetables of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 265 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 26 grams
Keywords: salmon fillet, oven-roasted, butter, garlic, lemon, parsley, tarragon, chives
Leave a Review