Berry & Chia Yogurt Parfait
This berry and chia yogurt parfait is a quick and easy grab-and-go breakfast that you can enjoy at home, on the road, or at work any day of the week!
Yogurt parfaits are sold in just about every coffee shop and breakfast spot, but not all yogurt parfaits are created equal. Unfortunately, more often than not, pre-made versions are made with flavoured yogurts and some of the more popular options can come packed with up to 25 grams of sugar making them more of a dessert than an ideal breakfast.
The good news is that it is really easy to make a healthy homemade yogurt parfait as long as you use the right ingredients. By opting for plain, full-fat yogurt instead of flavoured you can avoid unwanted ingredients and added sugars, and ensure that you are still getting the oh-so-important fat-soluble nutrients naturally found in yogurt. The yogurt aisle is truly one of the most confusing sections in the grocery store, so the more you know how to buy healthy yoghurt, what to look for and why, the easier it will be to ensure you are making a good choice.
Although most yogurt parfait recipes are made with granola, I opted to use chia seeds instead to help provide some plant-based protein, healthy fat, as well as some added texture. Paired with fresh berries, a splash of vanilla and a drizzle of honey, this naturally sweetened berry and chia yogurt parfait recipe is a protein-packed breakfast that the whole family is sure to love.
Berry & Chia Yogurt Parfait
Ready in 5 minutes and packed with over 10 grams of protein, this berry and chia yogurt parfait is a great meal prep idea for a grab-and-go breakfast.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 serving 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 3/4 cup plain full-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup berries, fresh or frozen
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt, chia seeds, honey and vanilla extract and stir until well combined.
- In a mason jar or container, add fresh or frozen berries to the bottom and break them up using a fork. If using frozen berries, you may need to let them thaw or zap them for 10 seconds in the microwave to soften them slightly.
- Top crushed berries with yogurt mixture and transfer to the fridge overnight or for at least 10 minutes. This will allow the chia seeds to soften and expand and provide a better texture.
- In the morning, remove from the fridge and top with extra toppings of your choice!
- Serving Size: 1 jar
- Calories: 232 calories
- Sugar: 15 grams
- Fat: 15 grams
- Carbohydrates: 20 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 21 grams
Keywords: fruit, greek, healthy, low calorie