Buffalo Shrimp Taco Bowls
Turn taco night inside out with these quick and easy grilled shrimp tacos bowls. Filled with lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and spicy buffalo shrimp, this recipe is everything you love about tacos turned into a light and healthy bowl.
In my opinion, these grilled shrimp taco bowls are a great meal for a simple high-protein dinner; just light up the grill, cook the shrimp, and layer it into a bowl of veggies. The buffalo shrimp in this recipe is pretty spicy so, if you’re not a fan of heat, you can reduce the total amount of hot sauce used or simply grill the shrimp on its own or with a season of garlic powder and salt. Once prepared, these bowls can be eaten right away or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days as a healthy meal prep idea.
More Healthy Shrimp Recipes:
Full of colour and fresh flavours, these buffalo shrimp taco bowls are perfect for a quick, easy and light meal.
- 1 lb. shrimp
- 1/4 cup hot sauce, such as Frank’s
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups corn, frozen, thawed
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 oz. Cotija cheese*, crumbled
- 1/4 cup cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 lime, quartered
- In a large bowl, combine the hot sauce, olive oil, and garlic powder and whisk to combine.
- Add shrimp to the hot sauce mixture and toss to combine until well coated.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, add shrimp, and cook for 2-3 minutes per side or until pink. Once cooked, remove from the grill and set aside.
- In serving bowls, combine the lettuce, corn, tomatoes, avocado, and red onion. Layer each both with a handful of shrimp, a sprinkle of cheese, cilantro, and a slice of lime. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- These bowls can be served immediately or stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. If you are going to make them ahead of time, don’t add or cut the avocado until it’s time to serve to ensure that it does not go brown.
Cotija Cheese: Cotija cheese is a Mexican aged cheese made from cow’s milk with a salty taste and crumbly texture. If you can’t find Cotija cheese, feta cheese will also work well.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl
- Calories: 412 calories
- Sugar: 11 grams
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31 grams
- Fiber: 9 grams
- Protein: 35 grams
Keywords: grilled, healthy