This chicken avocado sandwich is perfect for a quick and healthy lunch! Layered with chicken, lettuce, tomato, and avocado, this sandwich is a hearty and healthy well-balanced meal complete with protein, fibre, and plenty of healthy fats.
The key to this sandwich is good hearty bread and ensuring the avocado is just right – but isn’t that always the case! I opted for a seedy multigrain bread but sourdough, whole wheat, or sprouted grain bread would all work equally well. If you’re looking to make this sandwich the night before I would recommend adding a small squeeze of lemon or lime to your avocado to ensure that it doesn’t brown too much (if it browns, it will still taste fine but might look a little funky), or wait until the last minute to add your avocado slices. And although I used leftover shredded chicken in my sandwich, you could also use sliced, rotisserie, deli, or grilled chicken if you prefer.
More Healthy Sandwich Recipes:
Chicken Avocado Sandwich
This sandwich is perfect for a quick, easy, healthy, and high-protein lunch! Feel free to use sliced chicken, grilled chicken, rotisserie chicken, or deli chicken.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 sandwich 1x
- Category: Sandwich
- 2 slices of bread, of your choice
- 2 ounces (85 grams) chicken, shredded, grilled or sliced
- 1/4 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 slices tomato
- 2 leaves lettuce, torn into pieces
- Lay both pieces of bread on a cutting board.
- Spread mayonnaise on one slice, top with chicken, sliced tomato, lettuce, and avocado, and season generously with salt and pepper, and then top with second slices of bread to form a sandwich.
- This sandwich can be served immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or stored in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 385 calories
- Sugar: 5 grams
- Fat: 19 grams
- Carbohydrates: 34 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
Keywords: grilled chicken, chicken salad