Veggie Hummus Sandwich
A veggie-packed hummus sandwich!
Filled with cucumber, tomato, red onion, and leafy greens, this hummus sandwich is perfect for a quick and easy lunch. Whether you’re eating at home, packing an office lunch, or packing a school lunch, this veggie-packed sandwich is a healthy, hearty, and high-fibre meal.
Part of the reason I love a hummus sandwich so much is that it’s so incredibly versatile. With so many different styles of bread, flavours of hummus, and vegetables to choose from, you can easily create endless versions of this simple sandwich. Be it sourdough bread and garlic hummus, sprouted grain bread and roasted red pepper hummus, or seedy bread and spicy hummus, this veggie hummus sandwich recipe is a quick and healthy lunch idea that you can keep coming back to at any time of the year.
Although this recipe calls for cucumber, tomato, red onion, and leafy greens, you can certainly mix and match the vegetables as you like; shredded carrots, shredded cabbage, roasted red peppers, and sprouts would all work particularly well. Not to mention, a slice of cheddar cheese or avocado always makes a lovely addition to any hummus sandwich.
More Veggie Sandwiches:
Filled with cucumber, tomato, red onion, and leafy greens, this hummus sandwich is a veggie-packed meal. Feel free to add a slice of cheese for a boost of healthy fats and protein if you like.
- 2 slices of bread, of your choice
- 3 tablespoon hummus, of your choice
- 6 slices cucumber, thin
- 4 slices tomato, thin
- 4 slices red onion, thin
- 1/2 cup mixed greens
- 1 oz. cheddar cheese (optional)
- Lay the slices of bread on a cutting board and spread each slice with 1/2 of the hummus.
- Add cucumber, tomato, and cheese (optional) to one slice and season with salt and pepper, add leafy greens and red onion to the other slice, then combine slices of bread to form a sandwich.
- This sandwich can be served immediately or wrapped in plastic wrap, aluminum foil, or stored in an airtight container for up to 24 hours.
- Serving Size: 1 sandwich
- Calories: 464 calories
- Sugar: 16 grams
- Fat: 16 grams
- Carbohydrates: 66 grams
- Fiber: 8 grams
- Protein: 19 grams
Keywords: cucumber, mediterranean, cheese