Healthy oven-roasted radishes, a delicious side dish!
Radishes are usually thought of as a raw only vegetable, but there are so many different ways to use this spicy vegetable. This simple roasted radishes recipe is a delicious way to tame their peppery bite into a soft and savoury side dish.
Radishes are one of those vegetables that most people don’t buy, let alone eat, because I think many people just don’t know what to do with them. In fact, that person used to be me; I would either walk by them in the grocery store or, if they made it into my fridge, they would sit in the back until they were barely edible. (Not a great way to spend your hard-earned money.) I’ve definitely enjoyed them in a salad or two out at a restaurant, but it wasn’t until I discovered that you could roast them that they became a staple in my spring produce repertoire. I remember being at a dinner party when the host served me roasted radishes, taking a bite and thinking “Why have I never thought of this?”. Thankfully someone showed me the way and now I get to pay it forward to you. Try these roasted radishes as a delicious side dish to any summer feast.
More Roasted Side Dishes:
These oven-roasted radishes are simple, healthy and delicious side dish!
- 1 – 1 1/2 lbs radishes
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Optional: Small handful parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Remove ends from radishes and slice in half lengthwise.
- Add radishes to a baking sheet, drizzle with metled butter and season with salt and pepper. Use you hands to ensure all radishes are well seasoned.
- Transfer baking sheet to the oven for 18-20 minutes until radishes are tender on the inside.
- Once cooked, season with extra salt and pepper to taste and top with chopped parsley before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 67 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 3 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 1 gram