Scrambled Egg Breakfast Tacos
Easy breakfast tacos with scrambled eggs and sausage.
Take breakfast to the next level with these quick and easy breakfast tacos! Filled with fluffy eggs, spicy sausage, avocado, salsa, and ready in less than 15 minutes, these scrambled egg breakfast tacos are a wonderful morning meal for one or a crowd. Not to mention, they are a great way to use up leftovers from taco night too.
When it comes to breakfast tacos the options are truly endless. Whether you enjoy a combination of eggs and sausage, eggs and bacon, eggs and black beans, or eggs on their own, there are so many ways to make tacos a healthy and hearty morning meal. I opted for a combo of scrambled eggs and chorizo sausage for this recipe; however, you could certainly do a fried egg instead and/or use any type of sausage that you like. Plus, although I’ve called these breakfast tacos you can easily enjoy them for lunch or dinner as well!
Healthy Breakfast Taco Toppings:
These crowd-pleasing breakfast tacos work equally well as a simple morning breakfast or a hearty weekend brunch. Feel free to add the toppings of your choice.
- 4 corn tortillas
- 4 eggs
- 4 oz. chorizo sausage (optional)
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 1 green onion, white part only, thinly sliced
- Avocado, thinly sliced
- Cheese, shredded
- Cilantro, finely chopped
- Green onion, green part only, thinly sliced
- Hot sauce
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil, sausage (casing removed), and sliced green onion, and cook for 5-7 minutes until onion is translucent and sausage is cooked through.
- Crack the eggs into a small bowl and whisk to combine. In a medium pan or skillet on medium heat, add butter and allow to melt. Add beaten eggs, moving them around with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon until scrambled to your liking.
- To toast the corn tortillas, fill a bowl with room temperature water, quickly dunk the corn tortilla in the water, transfer to an open flame or a large dry skillet, and warm for about 15 to 45 seconds on each side until golden and toasted, using tongs to flip the tortillas.
- Once the sausage is cooked, eggs are scrambled, and tortillas are toasted, you can begin to assemble the breakfast tacos. Divide sausage and scrambled egg mixture evenly across tortillas and layer with toppings of your choice.
- Serving Size: 1 taco
- Calories: 260 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 12 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 14 grams
Keywords: egg, sausage, cheese, easy, healthy