Struggle to find time for breakfast in the morning? I’ve got you covered! Not only is this slow cooker cardamom pear oatmeal incredibly easy to prepare, but it’s a great meal prep idea that will help ensure you have grab-and-go breakfasts ready every morning of the week.
Slow cooker oatmeal is a great breakfast idea for busy people; simply add everything to the slow cooker, head off to bed, and wake up to a healthy meal in the morning. In addition to being easy to make, extra portions store very well in the fridge in individual containers for days to come, so using it as a meal prep idea can save you a lot of time and money.
This cardamom pear oatmeal recipe is inspired by one of my absolute favorite baked goods; cardamom buns. Fragrant, sweet, and lightly spiced, cardamon is a versatile ingredient that works well in savory and sweet dishes alike. So, if you love the taste of cinnamon, I highly suggest that you give this recipe a try! Serve it on its own, or with a drizzle of maple syrup and chopped pecans, and I promise you’ll have a warm and full belly to start your morning every day of the week.
Want more slow cooker oatmeal recipes? Try my slow cooker apple cinnamon oatmeal for another healthy meal prep idea!
Slow Cooker Cardamom Pear Oatmeal
This slow cooker cardamom pear oatmeal calls for steel-cut oats as I think they provide the best texture, however, you could use old-fashioned rolled oats if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 3 hours
- Total Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Slow Cooker
- 1 cup steel-cut oats
- 4 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 pears, cubed
- Milk of your choice, to serve
- Honey or maple syrup, to serve
- Pecans, to serve
- Combine ingredients in a 4 or 6-quart slow cooker. Stir to combine.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or 3-4 hours on high.
- Once cooked, stir the oatmeal to ensure everything is well combined. You may need to add a little extra splash of water to create the texture you desire. Top with toppings of your choice to serve.
- The oatmeal can be stored in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months. To reheat, simply add a small splash of water or milk and warm in the microwave or on the stove-top.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 158 calories
- Sugar: 0 grams
- Fat: 3 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 5 grams
- Protein: 7 grams
Keywords: steel cut oatmeal, overnight, healthy