Filled with rolled oats and fresh strawberries, and sweetened with honey, this strawberry baked oatmeal is the perfect summer breakfast and a great meal prep idea for quick and easy mornings.
When it comes to busy mornings, there is nothing quite like a healthy baked oatmeal recipe. Not only is it easy to make and quick to prepare, but once you’ve got the basics down you can honestly flavour baked oatmeal any way that you like. From berries to bananas to pumpkin, there are so many different ways that you can flavour a baked oatmeal recipe and, since it’s always made with 100% whole food ingredients, you can feel confident that you’re eating a healthy breakfast that is good for you.
This strawberry baked oatmeal is made with rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda, milk, vanilla, eggs and salt, and is naturally sweetened with a touch of maple syrup and strawberries. With the exception of a few ingredients, you can easily swap ingredients to use what you have on hand. I always recommend using rolled oats in a baked oatmeal recipe, because steel-cut oats are too tough and quick-cooking oats will leave you with a mushy texture, however, you could easily swap maple syrup for honey, butter for coconut oil, and include any combination of spices and fruit you like. Not to mention, you can also add ingredients such as nuts, seeds, shredded coconut or chocolate chips for a bit of fun and added flavour.
There are many different ways to serve baked oatmeal. Once cooked, it can be spooned into a bowl on its own, sliced into squares or served with a drizzle of milk or a dollop of plain yogurt for an extra hearty and filling meal. Plus, it can be served hot or cold and can easily last up to 5 days in the fridge or can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months making it a great meal prep idea.
Although this strawberry baked oatmeal recipe is intended to be eaten as a healthy make-ahead breakfast, it works equally well as a simple snack idea for adults and kids alike. Regardless of how you choose to eat it, you can’t go wrong with the warm and comforting flavours of healthy homemade baked oatmeal.
More Baked Oatmeal Recipes:
Strawberry Baked Oatmeal
Made with rolled oats and naturally sweetened with maple syrup, this Strawberry Baked Oatmeal is a healthy make-ahead breakfast idea that the whole family will love. This baked oatmeal recipe is refined sugar-free, gluten-free and vegetarian.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 5 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
- Diet: Vegetarian
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 cups milk or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or honey
- 1 1/2 cups strawberries, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F and grease a 9×9 baking dish with butter or coconut oil.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients; rolled oats, cinnamon, baking soda and sea salt. Stir to ensure everything is well mixed and then transfer to the baking dish.
- In the same mixing bowl, combine all of the wet ingredients; milk, vanilla extract, egg, melted butter/coconut oil and honey/maple syrup. Whisk well to ensure it is well combined.
- Pour the wet mixture to into the baking dish with the oatmeal, giving it a stir to ensure everything is well incorporated.
- Scatter the strawberries in the baking dish ensuring they are evenly distributed.
- Transfer baking dish to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve on its own or with a splash of milk, a sprinkle of cinnamon and drizzle of maple syrup.
- This recipe can also be stored in the fridge for 4-5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months. Simply cover with foil or plastic wrap to ensure freshness. To reheat, warm in the oven or in the microwave.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 244 calories
- Sugar: 8 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 35 grams
- Fiber: 4 grams
- Protein: 10 grams
Keywords: healthy, berry, sugar-free, easy, bars