Ready in less than 5 minutes, this Greek yogurt ranch dip recipe is quick and easy to make, and high in protein! Serve it with your favorite veggies or crackers for a healthy and flavor-packed snack.
If you think making homemade dip is complicated, think again. Although ranch dip is easy to find in stores it’s also very easy to make and making it with Greek yogurt as opposed to sour cream is a simple way to reduce the calories and boost the protein at the same time.
What You’ll Need
You’ll need the following ingredients to make a healthy Greek yogurt ranch dip.
- Greek Yogurt: You can use whole milk, 2%, or non-fat plain Greek yogurt for this dip.
- Herbs: The combination of dill, chives, and parsley gives this healthy ranch dip its distinct flavor. While I used dried herbs in my recipes, you can use fresh herbs if you like, simply double the amount.
- Spices: A bit of onion powder and garlic powder to enhance the ranch flavors.
- Lemon Juice: To add a tart finish.
- Salt and Pepper: Some essentials for seasoning.
While Greek yogurt is indeed high in protein, some people find the taste of plain Greek yogurt to be quite sour, so making it into a healthy dip with ranch seasoning mix is a fun way to make it more palatable and try something new in the kitchen.
To Make it Gluten-Free: No adaptions are needed, this dip is gluten-free.
To Make it Dairy-Free: Swap the Greek yogurt for a plant-based Greek-style yogurt made with almond milk, oat milk, or coconut milk.
How to Make Yogurt Ranch Dip
This recipe is so easy to make it hardly needs instructions. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Add all the dip ingredients to a bowl,
- Give it a good stir,
Honestly, that’s it! Not only is this healthy dip quick and easy to make but it keeps well in the fridge so you can save leftovers or make it as a meal prep idea to use for healthy snacks all week long.
Red’s Nutrition Tip
Although I’ve made this ranch dip with Greek yogurt, I want to make it clear that the traditional ingredients used to make ranch dip, sour cream, mayonnaise, and/or buttermilk are not unhealthy in any way. In fact, they are all nutrient-dense foods that can (and should!) be included in a healthy diet. The use of Greek yogurt is simply a fun alternative and a simple way to boost the protein content, as well as reduce the calorie and fat content of the dip if using 0% Greek yogurt.
What to Serve with Greek Yogurt Dip
Not sure what to serve your dip with? Here are some of my favorite ways to enjoy this high-protein dip as part of a snack, appetizer, or main course.
- Veggies: This dip works well with an array of vegetables including carrot sticks, celery sticks, cucumber slices, broccoli or cauliflower florets, cherry tomatoes, snap peas, or sliced bell peppers.
- Crackers: This dip also pairs well with crackers. If you’re feeling up to it, you can make homemade crackers or simply use your favorite store-bought version.
- Pita: You can serve the dip with fresh pita slices or pita crackers.
- Chips: Chips and dip is a classic combination, and this yogurt ranch dip works incredibly well with your favorite potato chips or tortilla chips.
- Chicken Wings: In addition to chips, you can add this dip to game night and serve it with these sweet and sticky chicken wings.
- Potatoes: This dip also pairs well with roasted potatoes or oven-baked French fries.
Plus, in addition to working as a healthy dip, this Greek yogurt ranch dip can be used as a dressing too! To make the texture more dressing-like, simply thin the dip by adding a bit more lemon juice and a splash of milk or buttermilk until you’ve reached the desired texture and adjust the seasoning to taste.
Storage + Reheating
To Store: Transfer the dip to an airtight container and store it in the fridge for up to 5 days.
More Healthy Dip RecipesPrint
Greek Yogurt Ranch Dip
This healthy Greek yogurt ranch dip is a lighter and high-protein alternative to a classic ranch dip. Serve it with vegetables for a healthy snack.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: American
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch of black pepper
- 2–3 teaspoons lemon juice
- In a medium bowl, add Greek yogurt, dill, parsley, chives, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper, and stir to combine.
- Add lemon juice, one teaspoon at a time, stirring until desired texture is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning as needed.
- The dip can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 2 tablespoons
- Calories: 37 calories
- Sugar: 2 gram
- Fat: 2 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 3 grams
Keywords: healthy ranch dip, yogurt dip, greek yogurt dip