Ready in under 30 minutes, this lemon paprika chicken marinade is perfect for a healthy weeknight meal. The simple combination of ingredients easily creates a moist, tender, and juicy chicken dish the whole family is sure to love.
I used smoked paprika in this recipe because I think it adds an extra depth of flavour, however, you could certainly use sweet or spicy paprika if you prefer. Although it will alter the flavour slightly, this recipe will still create a delicious and tender chicken breast ready to serve with some fluffy rice and roasted vegetables for a simple and well-balanced meal.
More Baked Chicken Breast Recipes:
Lemon Paprika Chicken
This lemon paprika chicken marinade is perfect for a quick and easy baked chicken dinner. Although this recipe calls for chicken breasts, you could certainly use chicken thighs or chicken legs if you prefer.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Baked
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add the olive oil, lemon juice, honey, smoked paprika, garlic powder, and salt, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the chicken breast to the bowl and, using tongs or your hands, turn the chicken breasts in the marinade until well coated. If time permits, allow the chicken to sit in the marinade for 30 minutes. This will allow for better flavour, however, it is not necessary.
- Transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish, pouring any excess marinade over the chicken in the baking dish, and then transfer the dish to the oven and bake the chicken for 20-25 minutes, or until the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches 165°F.
- Once cooked, remove the chicken from the oven and allow to rest for at least 5 minutes before serving. This will help to ensure the chicken breasts remain moist and the juices do not run when sliced.
- Once cooled, the chicken can be served immediately or stored in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 4oz chicken breast
- Calories: 240 calories
- Sugar: 2 grams
- Fat: 14 grams
- Carbohydrates: 4 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 26 grams
Keywords: chicken breast, smoked paprika, easy, baked