Peach Oatmeal Muffins
Healthy peach oatmeal muffins!
Light and fluffy, and filled with fresh peaches and rolled oats, these peach oatmeal muffins are a family-friendly recipe that works well as a simple breakfast or healthy snack.
Tender, juicy, and bursting with flavour, peaches are my favourite summer fruit. Not only are they absolutely delicious, but peaches are also a great source of carbohydrates, fibre, vitamins and minerals, making them a nutritious snack or great addition to any baked good, like these peach oatmeal muffins. Although you can technically use canned peaches in this recipe, fresh peaches provide a delicate texture and flavour you just can’t get from the canned variety, and they are a perfect way to showcase this fluffy, furry and flavourful seasonal fruit.
Healthy Peach Muffins
These peach muffins call for quick-cooking or rolled oats, however, I suggest quick-cooking oats because I think they provide a softer and moister texture. And you can certainly use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose if you wanted to add an extra boost of fibre. Regardless of what route you go, the fresh peaches are sure to add the perfect touch of natural sweetness and moisture to these peach oatmeal muffins.
More Healthy Muffin Recipes:
Peach Oatmeal Muffins
Healthy peach muffins! Made with fresh peaches and rolled oats, these peach oatmeal muffins are a healthy and delicious treat.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Total Time: 40 minutes
- Yield: 12 muffins 1x
- Category: Snack
- Method: Baked
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups oats, quick-cooking or rolled
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cups peaches, chopped into bite-size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin with butter.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, and whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter and sugar and beat or whisk until well combined. Add vanilla, egg, milk, and sour cream and beat or whisk again to combine.
- Transfer the flour mixture into the large bowl with the wet mixture and gently mix to combine. Add the chopped peaches and gently fold them into the batter.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, dividing it evenly to make 12 muffins. (If desired, thinly slice an additional peach and add a slice on top of each muffin cup.)
- Transfer the muffin tin to the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes until a toothpick inserted into a muffin comes out clean.
- Once baked, allow to cool slightly, then transfer the muffins to a cooling rack and allow to cool to room temperature.
- The muffins can be served immediately, stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
- Serving Size: 1 muffin
- Calories: 152 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 6 grams
- Carbohydrates: 28 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 4 grams
Keywords: healthy, oatmeal, fresh peaches, sour cream