Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
Healthy turkey burgers filled with spinach and feta cheese.
Tired of plain old turkey burgers? Give these spinach and feta turkey burgers a try! Made with spinach, feta cheese, ground turkey, and topped with a tangy yogurt sauce; these turkey burgers are filled with Greek flavours and are a healthy high-protein meal that works well for lunch or dinner any time of the year.
Although I used fresh spinach in this recipe, you can certainly use frozen spinach if you like. There is no need to cook or reheat the frozen spinach before adding it to the burger, simply thaw the spinach and strain and squeeze as much water excess water out of the spinach as possible before adding it to the ground turkey. Once grilled, the burgers can be served on a bun, in a lettuce wrap, or on top of your favourite salad for a high-protein and well-balanced meal.
More Healthy Burger Recipes:
Spinach Feta Turkey Burgers
Healthy turkey burgers! Made with spinach, feta cheese, and topped with tzatziki-style yogurt sauce, these spinach feta turkey burgers are full of Greek flavours.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 burgers 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Greek
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup red onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups spinach, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
Yogurt Sauce (optional):
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt, plain
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- Burger buns
- Red onion, thinly sliced
- Cucumber, thinly sliced
- In a medium pan on medium heat, warm olive oil. Add red onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until tender, then add garlic and cook for an additional minute until fragrant. Finally, add chopped spinach and a pinch of salt and cook until spinach is wilted and tender. Remove from the heat and set aside, allow to cool slightly. (Although you can add these ingredients to the burgers raw, cooking them lightly prior to mixing them with the ground turkey helps to enhance the flavour and texture.)
- In a large bowl, add ground turkey and red onion, garlic and spinach mixture, crumbled feta, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Using your hands, mix the ingredients until well combined, and then divide and shape into 4 evenly sized burger patties.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat, then add patties and cook for 5-6 minutes per side until cooked through to an internal temperature of 165ºF.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the yogurt sauce. Add the Greek yogurt, parsley, salt, and pepper to a small bowl or jar and stir until well combined. Set aside.
- Once the burgers are cooked, remove them from the grill and assemble them on buns with yogurt sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Any leftover burger patties can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
- Serving Size: 1 burger patty
- Calories: 207 calories
- Sugar: 1 gram
- Fat: 12 grams
- Carbohydrates: 2 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 23 grams
Keywords: Greek, ground turkey, feta cheese, tzatziki sauce