Honey Mustard Salmon
Sweet and savoury, this Honey Mustard Salmon is ready in under 30 minutes making it a quick and easy weeknight meal that the whole family will love!
I’ve actually already shared a very similar recipe to this one with my Curried Honey Mustard Chicken, which happens to be one of the most popular recipes on my blog, so I figured why not do something similar with salmon. In truth, these marinades are completely interchangeable and they will also work well on pork, turkey and white fish alike. Not only are these types of marinade great because they are made with common ingredients, but they are also a great way to introduce fish dishes to people who aren’t super keen on seafood. The combination of sweet and savoury helps to mask some of that “fishy” flavour for those who aren’t accustomed to it, and the extra sauce is the perfect addition to a side dish like rice, potatoes or veggies.
Plus, after a long day of work there is nothing better than a quick and easy meal that is packed full of flavour and this honey mustard salmon is exactly that! Just stir the marinade ingredients together, pour them over the salmon, pop it in the oven, and sit back and relax while it does all of the work.
Honey Mustard Salmon
This honey mustard salmon recipe calls for Dijon mustard, however, you can truly use any type mustard you like!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Total Time: 25 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Paleo, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a small bowl, combine olive oil, honey, mustard, garlic and lemon juice, whisk to combine and set aside.
- Add salmon fillets to a baking dish and season with salt and pepper all over.
- Cover salmon with honey mustard mixture, cover baking dish with alumnium foil, and transfer to the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- Once salmon is cooked, remove from the oven and serve with an extra spoonful of sauce on top!