Easy grilled halibut with tomato fennel salad.
Ready in less than 15 minutes, this grilled halibut recipe is perfect for a summer weeknight meal. Whether you’re cooking on the BBQ, a grill, or a grill pan, halibut is a light and flaky fish that is quick and easy to cook and not too “fishy” for even the non-fish lovers to enjoy.
I paired this grilled halibut with a simple tomato and fennel salad; however, it would work really well paired with rice, roasted potatoes, and/or a big leafy green salad. Regardless of what pairing you choose, halibut is incredibly high in protein and rich in healthy fats making it a great addition to any well-balanced meal.
More Grilled Recipes:
Learn how to grill halibut with this quick and easy grilled halibut with tomato fennel salad.
- 2 halibut fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
- 3 ripe tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1/2 cup fennel, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons parlsey, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
- Place the halibut fillets on a cutting board, gently pat dry with a paper towel, drizzle with olive oil, and season generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- When the grill is ready, add halibut fillets to the grill (skin side down, if they have skin) and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until halibut is opaque and starting to flake.
- While the halibut is cooking, add sliced tomatoes and fennel to a bowl, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice, generously season with salt and pepper and toss until well combined.
- Once cooked, remove halibut from the grill and serve immediately with a wedge of lemon and tomato fennel salad. Leftovers can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days and served hot or cold.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 377 calories
- Sugar: 6 grams
- Fat: 30 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 3 grams
- Protein: 19 grams