Soft and satisfying these apricot pistachio oatmeal cookies are what (cookie) dreams are made of!
This recipe is really my style of cookie. I love something chewy yet crumbly and filled with everything but the kitchen sink. I used rolled oats in this recipe for a good crumbly texture, and added the ground cashews and coconut oil to keep them moist and chewy. These apricot pistachio oatmeal cookies are lightly sweetened with honey since the apricots themselves provide some added sweetness, and a little salty bite from the pistachios to help balance things out. A well-balanced oh-so-healthy cookie that one could even have for breakfast… not that I would know anything about that.
This recipe is inspired by a cookie recipe from the ever-so-wonderful master of the kitchen, Amy Chaplin. A couple of years ago, my sister gave me Amy Chaplin’s cookbook as a gift for my birthday, and what a gift it was! I am a bit of a cookbook hoarder if you will. Open up my cupboards and you will find cookbooks galore from all sorts of different chefs. To be honest, I don’t cook out of many of them, but rather like to use them for new ideas and inspiration in the kitchen. But this particular book happens to be one of my favorites. Not only is it full of amazing recipes, but it’s educational as well, explaining the why and the how behind so many of her recipes which is what I love about it so much.
More Cookie Recipes:
Apricot Pistachio Oatmeal Cookies
These apricot pistachio cookies are a great make-ahead treat and I actually think they taste better the day after. They also store very well in the freezer, so go on a make that double batch you want.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 12 cookies 1x
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baked
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup dried apricot, diced
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a food processor, add the 1 and 3/4 cups of the rolled oats. Pulse the oats until they are ground into a flour. Once completed, add them to a large mixing bowl, and the remaining 1/4 cup of rolled oats.
- Add the cashews to the food processor and grind them into a meal, about 1-2 minutes. You want to ensure your cashews are raw and unsalted. Add ground cashews to mixing bowl.
- Add baking powder, sea salt, cinnamon and stir well to combine into the flour mixture.
- To the dry mixture, add the melted coconut oil, honey, egg and vanilla extract. Stir well to ensure the dough is well combined, and add in pistachios and chopped apricots.
- The dough might seem a little dry at first, but it will be fine.
- Allow the dough mixture to sit for 10 minutes to ensure liquid is well absorbed, and as the coconut oil cools down the dough will stick together much better.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and using a 1/4 cup of the dough mixture form into cookies and line the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cookies are golden brown on the edges.
- Allow to cool before eating, and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 289 calories
- Sugar: 13 grams
- Fat: 17 grams
- Carbohydrates: 29 grams
- Fiber: 2 grams
- Protein: 5 grams