Packed full of veggies and color, these Greek chicken kebabs with tzatziki sauce are a simple, delicious, and nutritious meal that is perfect for any summer BBQ. These chicken kebabs are packed full of protein, filled with flavor, and a wonderful alternative to everyday grilled chicken.
In my opinion, the best way to make a tasty kebab is to ensure you are adding a lot of flavor, and I think a little greek marinade is a way to do it! Made with simple ingredients, this humble marinade really elevates the flavor of these kebabs and ensures they are moist and tender at the same time. The recipe calls for yogurt for both the marinade and the tzatziki sauce and you are welcome to use traditional or Greek versions, however, regardless of what you choose, ensure that you are opting for a full-fat version made with minimal ingredients. Although there are about 100 different types of yogurt in the grocery stores, not all are real yogurt, so be sure to check out my guide to buying healthy yogurt so you know exactly what to look for and why.
What to Eat with Greek Chicken Kebabs:
Greek Chicken Kebabs with Tzatziki
Loaded with veggies and lots of colour, these Greek chicken bebabs with Tzatziki are the perfect summer meal. For the best results, allow the chicken to marinate for several hours before adding it to the grill.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 6 kebabs 1x
- Category: Mains
- Method: Grilled
- Cuisine: Greek
Greek Chicken Kebabs:
- 2 chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 red onion, cut into 1” cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1” cubes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons full-fat yogurt
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cucumber, cored and grated
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh dill, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Begin by preparing the kebabs. In a large bowl, add the olive oil, yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper, and whisk well to combine.
- Add the cubed chicken to the bowl, toss in the marinade until it is well coated, and then set aside for at least 10 minutes. If time permits, it is best to do this step ahead of time to allow the chicken to marinate overnight or for several hours for the best results.
- While the chicken is marinating, prepare the tzatziki. In a small bowl, combine the yogurt, grated cucumber, grated garlic, parsley, dill and lemon juice, stir to combine and set aside.
- Once the chicken has finished marinating, prepare the kebabs. (If using wooden skewers, prepare them by soaking in water for 10 minutes. If using metal skewers, no prep is necessary.) Thread the chicken onto the skewers alternating between chicken and vegetables until all of the chicken has been used.
- Heat a BBQ or grill to medium-high heat, place the skewers on the grill, and cook for 5-7 minutes per side until grill marks appear and the chicken is cooked through.
- Once cooked, remove kebabs from the grill, allow to cool 2-3 minutes, and serve with fresh tzatziki.
- Serving Size: 1 kebabs
- Calories: 162 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 11 grams
- Carbohydrates: 8 grams
- Fiber: 1 gram
- Protein: 10 grams