Ready in 30 minutes, this honey ginger grilled salmon is a foolproof recipe that works for dinner any night of the week. Not only is it quick and easy to make but the combination of orange juice, honey, ginger, and garlic is packed full of flavour.
There is nothing better than a quick and easy dinner idea that is packed full of flavour and this salmon recipe is exactly that. Made with a honey, ginger and soy sauce glaze, this healthy grilled salmon recipe is a staple dinner idea that creates a moist and flavorful salmon with minimal effort. Not only is salmon high in protein but it’s also a rich source of healthy fats, specifically omega-3 fatty acids, making it a fantastic addition to any well-balanced meal.
The reason I love this recipe so much is that it’s made with minimal ingredients and it’s incredibly quick to prepare. For the best results, I suggest allowing the salmon to sit in the marinade for at least an hour; however, if you’re short on time you can let it sit for 10 or 15 minutes and still create plenty of flavours.
Grilled Honey Ginger Salmon
I personally love serving this salmon with grilled sweet potatoes and a simple salad, but you can truly pair it with any side you like. Although this recipe calls for the salmon to be grilled, you could easily cook it in the oven if you prefer. Simply preheat the oven to 400°F, place the salmon and marinade in an oven-proof baking dish, and allow it to cook for 20 minutes or until the salmon can be flaked with a fork. This honey ginger salmon recipe calls for soy sauce, however, you could certainly use tamari or coconut aminos if you wanted to make it gluten-free.
More Healthy Salmon Recipes:
- Maple Glazed Salmon Bowls
- Asian Salmon Tray Bake
- Pistachio Crusted Salmon
- Slow-Roasted Salmon with Herbs
Honey Ginger Grilled Salmon
Marinated in a honey, ginger and soy glaze, this healthy honey ginger salmon recipe is quick and easy to make! This honey ginger grilled salmon can be cooked on the BBQ, in a grill pan, or baked in the oven if needed.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Mains
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
- Diet: Low Calorie
- 4 salmon fillets or 1lb. salmon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/2” inch fresh ginger, grated
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- Mix all of the ingredients, except the salmon, in a medium container or bowl and whisk until well combined.
- Add the salmon to the container, ensure it is well coated in the marinade, and allow to sit in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or up to 4 hours.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. Add salmon to the grill, skin side up, cover and grill for 6-8 minutes or until the salmon lightens in colour and you can take the fillets off the grill without them sticking.
- Flip the salmon, cover, and cook for an additional 2-4 minutes for medium-rare or longer until the desired doneness is reached.
- Once cooked, remove the salmon from the grill and allow to rest for 1-2 minutes before serving.
- Serving Size: 1 fillet
- Calories: 193 calories
- Sugar: 10 grams
- Fat: 5 grams
- Carbohydrates: 11 grams
- Fiber: 0 grams
- Protein: 27 grams
Keywords: glazed, soy, baked, in foil, marinade, Asian, oven