Made with canned chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, bell peppers, red onion, and feta cheese, this Mediterranean chickpea salad is a colorful and flavor-packed meal. Not only is this recipe quick and easy to make, but the hearty nature of the ingredients ensures that it can be made ahead of time and stored in the fridge for simple lunches for days to come. Not to mention, the combination of chickpeas, vegetables, and feta cheese creates a well-balanced meal that is complete vegetarian protein, fiber, and healthy fats making this salad equal parts delicious and nutritious.
This chickpea salad recipe calls for specific vegetables, however, you can easily swap them for any hearty vegetables you have on hand. In fact, carrots, celery, and zucchini would all work very well!
More healthy Mediterranean-inspired salad recipes:Print
Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
This quick and easy Mediterranean chickpea salad is packed full of chickpeas and vegetables for a healthy and high-fibre meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
- 2 (14 oz.) cans chickpeas, strained and rinsed
- 1/2 cucumber, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, red, yellow or orange, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and halved (optional)
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 75 grams feta cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the chickpeas, cucumber, red onion, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, olives and toss to combine.
- Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper and toss until everything is well coated.
- Add parsley and feta cheese and toss again until everything is well coated, taste and season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Serving Size: 1 serving
- Calories: 368 calories
- Sugar: 4 grams
- Fat: 22 grams
- Carbohydrates: 31 grams
- Fiber: 10 grams
- Protein: 13 grams